Monday, October 25, 2021

Mushroom Harvest




 In the fall on our property, we are lucky we have a wet boggy spot in the woods that turns into exciting new foods for us. This year I took 3 people out to show them and share with them all the wonderful mushrooms we have on the property because a home is not a home unless it is shared with others. I feel like because I know the ones on our property we can eat I should share that with our neighbors so if in hard times they need to eat they can. It is also the reason I started blogging to share with others and hopefully help.

First is the hunt 



These are the 2 kinds we usually get and I like to eat giant puff balls and elm oysters ( you can get kits for oysters in the store)

Next clean and cook with them 
Puffball powder good to mix in gravy and breading 1 filled dehydrator 12 hours at 130* in the blender and stores for a year.

Peeled sliced and buttered gives ya fried mushrooms 

Mushroom lasagna just sub the noodles for mushrooms in your favorite dish ( ours is just ricotta, cottage cheese and mozzarella layered with my jar sauce 1 hour at 375*)

Mushroom Rissoto pre-prep , so this is just the cheese and mushrooms you can saute and add to your rice for a yummy risotto, I freeze it for easy meals quick. 


                                                        75% of that came from this ! 

The Elm oysters I dehydrate or freeze and use in stirfry.

No comments:

Post a Comment