Sunday, February 21, 2021

Introduction to Why bury your hands

Why bury your hands in the land? 

Why not? 

    This is a quick introduction to why we started on this journey. Have you ever had a life change that was so dramatic you looked at the world in a totally different way. In 2008 we moved to England and then Germany while Daddy O was in the military, living there really connected us to our food. We had a milkman, we would get weekly CSA boxes, and we would attend markets. When it came to leaving the services we did not want to leave that behind. We started looking for forever places we both wanted land to grow on and a quirky house.  That look ended when we found the perfect place for us in 2018 in 2019 we purchased it every day we try to learn something or do something to better it for ourselves. I will be putting in some lessons learned over 2020 as I record keep for 2021. This blog is just that a record-keeping tool for the homestead.

    So now you know the why here is the why not. In Jan 2015 I was diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage3c at the time I was given 5 years to live I am in year 6. Things are tough, there are days I do not want to get out of bed. There are days I can not get out of bed. There are children in this house who step up and say that this is not a why not this is a why not do it. We are homesteading and because we need to bury our hands in the land instead of burying our heads in the sand.

    Now here is the fun part of who we are. You know a bit about me ( Momma O and Daddy O ) here is the rest of the homestead we have a 9-year-old who hates chores but loves outside, an 8-year-old who loves tools, dirt, and animals, and last a 7-year-old who we have to pay to go outside somedays. We have 2 dogs one is 15 one is 1 and adding animals yearly. Daddy O is a retired Navy computer man who has taken up construction for fun because he likes hard work. He is into trees, firepits, and beer. I am a teacher who loves outside, learning, and teaching my children. This blog will contain a little bit of all those things.
       

     I will save the rest of the stuff for the blog but that is a bit of us


    


4 comments:

  1. I love this, we are excited to get off this rock and start living a simpler better life. Your an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I can not wait till you can live this life too! It is so much fun figuring it out.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to reading about all the excitement on the homestead 🙃

    ReplyDelete